Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fajita Trio


Chili's has inspired me!  I LOVE their Fajita Trio.  A fajita with steak, chicken, AND shrimp!  I can never decide between the them....so, I just get all three.  Tonight I made them at home!  YUM!  I used a top sirloin steak, 2 chicken breasts, and a couple dozen medium size shrimp.  I used a packet fajita seasoning, yellow onion, and a bit of green pepper.  Confession: I don't eat the onion or pepper.  I pick it out. So I don't use much when making my fajitas. I found the trick to making this dish and using just one pan is you have to start cooking the steak, then when it's getting close to done, add the chicken.  Once the chicken and steak are completely done add the shrimp, since they only take a minute to warm up.  This way you don't get anything over cooked and turn it into rubber!  Over cooked shrimp=YUCK! :)
The fajitas turned out great.  Hubby went for 2nds (always a good sign).  I don't think my 2 year old is feeling well today.  She was up at 8:00 only to ask to go back to bed by 10:00. She slept for an hour then took another 3 hour nap in the afternoon and was in bed again by 8pm!  She's usually a good eater and loves tacos but she hardly touched anything all day :(  Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.
In the mean time...enjoy some Fajita Trio!




No comments:

Post a Comment